We take the safety and well being of all our clients and staff very seriously and can confirm that we comply with all the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
As a result you may notice a few positive changes when you come down for your charter.
- Our whole booking process can be carried out online, including payment. If you have any questions please just call.
- To minimise contact at the base we ask that you send copies of your ID and Sailing Experience in advance.
- Joining instructions with added detail about the yacht, layout and location of equipment will be sent to you in advance.
- To speed up the handover process please familiarise yourselves as much as possible before you come down.
We respectfully remind everyone of their personal responsibilities at this time. i.e to stay at home and self isolate if you or anyone in your party have symptoms.
Our flexible booking conditions mean that you can re book to another date in the event of anyone being taken ill so you will not be disadvantaged.
We have always taken great pride in the maintenance and cleanliness of our yachts. But during this time we have introduced some additional measures for your safety and reassurance.
- We use a chemical fogging machine with a V2 Antiviral Disinfectant to sanitise the yachts between use.
- All hard surfaces are wiped down with the same disinfectant.
- We have removed all unnecessary equipment and inventory.
- All emergency use only items will be sealed in plastic bags to reduce the risk of contamination and for quick and easy cleaning between charters.
- All galley inventory is fully cleaned between charters
- Once cleaned our yachts will only be access by members of our team wearing the appropriate PPE.
- A final fogging of the interior of the vessel will be carried out just prior to your arrival.
Please note that we no longer provide pillows or any bedding onboard our yachts.
Cleaning kits will be provided.
There is soap and hand sanitiser onboard for your use.
At the end of your charter please help us by disposing your rubbish in the waste bins provided on site.
On Arrival at the Base
- If you are running late please just let us know. We are trying to stagger our handovers and wish to avoid having lots of groups all arriving at the same time.
- There is plenty of space to park please respect other owners and members of the public by parking sensibly. Try to avoid where possible unloading cars next to another group about to unload.
- Only one person is allowed in our office at a time and weather permitting we will meet and greet outside. Please respect the 2m rule.
- Our office is fully disinfected at the end of each day and hard surfaces which are regularly used such as door handles are cleaned frequently.
- The marina is fully operational and the on site bar / restaurant is open.
- The toilet facilities operate on a one in one out basis and the showers are not available to be used.
- There are hand sanitiser stations around the marina for your use.
- Access to the pontoon is managed by a pass card, one of our team will escort you down to the boat. Onboard you will find the boat keys and two pass cards for your use.
Finally please respect the guidance offered from our staff and the operators of the marina. We are just here to help.
- We ask that the skipper and first mate go down to the yacht first and check through the inventory before other members of your group come down. Please ask the other members of your party to remain in the car park.
- One of our team will be on hand to talk you through how everything works. But they will have to remain on the dock and can not come on the yacht with you.
- If it is necessary for us to come onboard and we cannot maintain a safe social distance then we have all the appropriate PPE to wear.
- Once the handover is complete then you can invite the rest of your party down.
Returning the Vessel
- The nearest fuelling dock at Port Hamble Marina currently is running by appointment only – please call them on 023 8045 2741 to secure your refuelling session.
- When returning to the marina please just moor up in the same berth where you collected the yacht from. Let us know that you have arrived back and we will give you time to pack up.
- Once you have unloaded we will check you back in, we just ask that this is done with the skipper only.