UK Yacht Charter – Beach of the Week: East Head, West Wittering
With this fabulous weather a perfect place to visit on a UK yacht charter, would have to be our beach of the week: East Head. A perfect anchoring spot to take advantage of this stunning sandy beach at the head of Chichester Harbour.
About East Head
East Head is a fine example of our beautiful and constantly changing natural coastline in West Sussex, with arguably one of the best beaches in Sussex, featuring a long stretch of sandy beach with rolling sand dunes surrounding it.
- Walking, playing and sunbathing on the beach.
- Doing some swimming and snorkelling
- A lovely spot for a bbq, or plenty of sheltered picnic spots in the dunes, whilst you admire all the yachts anchored off the northern end.
- Seal spotting – common seals can often be spotted as they live in the water around this area, and at mid-high tide can often be found foraging for fish
- Nature lovers – exploring the natural habitats of this beach and the maritime plants, such as sea holly and sea bindweed with it’s distinctive pink and white flowers, which grow through the sand.
- Wonderful Wildlife – A host of wildlife live in this beautiful area from the extremely rare in Britain, Sand Lizard to the numerous species of Moths that inhabit East Head.