Whilst adhering to all Covid Compliance regulations, we are still able to offer a range of courses to individuals, by
- Restricting courses to a maximum of 3 Students
- Not staying onboard over night
- Adhering to current guidelines ‘Hands. Face. Space’:
Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
Space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings)
What Sailing Courses Can We Offer
The RYA have relaxed the rules for certain courses so we are able to run the following courses Start Yachting, Competent Crew and Day Skipper Courses without having to stay onboard over night.
- 1 Day Sailing Experience
- 1 Day Boat Handling
- 2 Day Rusty Skipper Course
- 3 Day Flotilla Training
Staying Covid Compliant
- Students will go home or stay in local accommodation each evening.
- Courses will start at 0900 and end at 1700 each day.
- Maximum numbers of 3 people plus the instructor.
- Breakfast and Evening Meals not included
- Packed lunches will be provided
The instructor will help everyone to follow current guidelines and mitigation measures which include staying outside as much as possible, frequent use of hand sanitiser, restricting going below to one at a time and wearing facial coverings when it is not possible to maintain a safe distance.Unfortunately it is just not possible to run Coastal Skipper Courses or Yachtmaster Courses for individuals at the moment as these courses still need students to live onboard. Even if we reduce the total number of people down to 4 including the instructor it is our view that we cannot run these courses and stay within government guidelines as they stand.