RYA Training The Future
As we adjust to a new world, what does the future hold for RYA Training ??
From the 4th July we are able to offer Skippered Charter and RYA Training Courses (with some restrictions).
So this is how we will operate in the coming weeks.
Guidelines for gatherings, public spaces, and activities
“Currently you can meet in groups of up to two households in any location – public or private, indoors or outdoors. You do not always have to meet with the same household – you can meet with different households at different times. However, it remains the case – even inside someone’s home (or yacht !!) – that you should socially distance from anyone not in your household or bubble.”
Who can attend a sailing course
With gatherings limited to two households and that we are likely to be living with “Social Distancing” for some time.
This means that we will only be able to run courses with small groups from one household and with our instructor creating the second group.
Social Distancing Government Guidelines
From 4 July, people should either stay 2m apart or ‘1m plus’ – which is one metre plus mitigations. These mitigations will depend on the workplace or setting. For example, on public transport, people must wear a face covering, as it is not always possible to stay 2m apart.
In other spaces, mitigations could include installing screens, making sure people face away from each other, putting up hand washing facilities, minimising the amount of time you spend with people outside your household or bubble, and being outdoors.
Summary of Mitigating Measures in Place for RYA Training
We take great pride in the maintenance and care of our yachts.
- We use a chemical fogging machine with a V2 Antiviral Disinfectant to sanitise the yachts between use.
- All hard surfaces are cleaned down with the same V2 disinfectant before the start of your course.
- All soft furnishings will be steam cleaned between use.
- All emergency use only items will be sealed in plastic bags to reduce the risk of contamination and for quick and easy cleaning between courses.
- All galley inventory is fully cleaned between courses.
- Once cleaned our yachts will only be access by members of our team wearing the appropriate PPE.
- Then during your course we ensure that there is a plentiful supply of cleaning equipment, hand sanitiser and anti viral disinfectant onboard for your use.
Managing Social Distancing Requirements
- The majority of time will be spent out in the fresh air on deck which is naturally the safest place to be.
- Whenever possible our instructor will maintain a safe distance but when it is not possible to keep within the 2m rule then facial coverings will be required.
- Additional time will be spent on static briefings at the start of each day when it is easier to manage social distancing more easily.
- There will be plenty of hand sanitiser and soap onboard for your use and our instructors will promote regular hand washing throughout the course.
- Paper towels will be provided to dry your hands.
- Our instructors will not sleep onboard overnight and so courses will either be run so that you will return to our base in Hamble each day so our instructor can go home, or we will arrange for our instructor to sleep ashore in a B&B, or a mixture of both. This leaves your group to relax and enjoy evenings ashore without any restrictions caused by mixing two groups.
- Throughout the course we will adopt regular cleaning of all communal areas with anti viral cleaners.
Marina’s and other facilities during your course
Marina’s are fully open and whilst different sites are operating slightly different routines regarding their shore side facilities, facilities are open.
Equally pub’s and restaurants are opening up and so evening meals can be taken ashore or as take aways to be eaten onboard.
As normal breakfasts and lunches will be provided onboard.
Statement of Health
We ask that within 14 days of your course starting, if you or anyone in your party have (or suspect you have) symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us straightaway.
We will happily rearrange your course without penalty.
You agree to notify the instructor immediately if symptoms develop during your course.
And additionally that you contact us if you develop symptoms 14 days after your course finishes.