RYA Training – The Future
RYA Training & Sailing Courses – Post Lock Down
In our opinion restrictions will be lifted in stages with the opening up of greater interaction between trusted friends and family amongst the first to be allowed.
We fully anticipate being able to run sailing courses for families and groups of friends that are known to each other quite soon.
So start making plans !!! We offer completely Flexible Booking Conditions and will adapt to any change in social distancing rules.
Whilst it may be some time before we can offer individual places on our sailing courses we are continually monitoring the RYA & Government Guidelines and we will take their advice and adapt as the current situation evolves to be able to offer courses safely as soon as we can.
The RYA have also lifted certain restrictions when it comes to RYA Courses and for any course up to and including Day Skipper these can be run without the need for staying onboard overnight.
So in this time whilst overseas travel is going to be limited for the foreseeable future why not take the opportunity to learn how to sail or just build up your sailing experience.
If you just want to go out sailing for a day to try something new then we can run a days introductory sailing course for you and your family.
We also conduct ICC Training Courses
, specific Boat Handling
and Sail Handling Courses
so if you have ambitions of sailing in the Med when their waters open up again then carry out some training in preparation.
It is quite conceivable that restrictions will have to be re enforced again from time to time. So we are offering fully Flexible Booking Terms so you can book with confidence and reserve a Sailing Course, knowing that if you need to postpone or even cancel then you can without penalty.
Obviously we need to manage certain elements to enable clients to access and enjoy using our yachts safely. So we have looked at our procedures and adapted some to better accommodate our clients safely.
Changes to our procedures.
- All our staff have received extra training and are following all the current guidelines regarding the additional protection measures.
- Mercury Yacht Harbour has an extensive car park with lots of open space so you can naturally park your car in the marina and unload your car.
- There is direct access to our fleet.
- All our yachts are maintained to the highest standard but we have put in some additional cleaning measures, paying specific attention to disinfecting all the hard surfaces.
- We are leaving a minimum of 24 hours between each charter.
- We have bought in additional pillows and pillow cases so that we can leave these for 36 hours between charters.
- We encourage clients to bring their own hand sanitising gel but we do have some onboard subject to availability.
- We can arrange for our instructor to sleep ashore if you wish.
So what can you do once out on the water ???
- With the hours of daylight getting longer spend as much time sailing as you like.
- When you have had enough there are endless destinations that you can enjoy whether you prefer isolated anchorages or head into a marina as they start to open up.
- All our yachts have all the usual facilities you might expect so you can shower onboard.
- Once ashore even if the restaurants and bars are closed for eating in many are offering a delivery or collection service so you don’t need to cook onboard if you don’t want to.