…a great stepping off point…
Sailing to Lymington
Lymington is a bustling & attractive Georgian market town with a wide variety of shops & picturesque boutiques.
At the western end of the Solent it is just three miles from the Needles Channel and on the southern edge of the New Forest.
It is well sheltered and accessible at all states of the tide, proving a popular destination.
The Georgian and Victorian architecture and the varied and colourful history helps to create a distinctive quaintness drawing visitors back time and again.
The restaurants and hostelries are too numerous to mention!
There are two marinas Lymington Yacht Haven and Lymington Marina both of which are within walking distance of the town centre and provide all the facilities and services one would expect of a leading yacht centre.
But if you want to absorb the atmosphere in the very centre of town, go right in to the Town Quay where facilities are limited but charges very reasonable.
General Access Info:
- There are extensive but well marked mud banks around the entrance.
- The river is accessible at all states of the tide. The channel has a minimum depth of 2.2m in mid channel from the entrance to the harbour station and thereafter 1.7m to the Town Quay.
- Speed limit is 6 knts and anchoring in the river is prohibited.
- All craft must give way to and keep clear of the IOW Ferries.
- Be aware of the strong cross tide at the river entrance
- Double HW occurs at or near Springs, whilst on other occasions there is a stand that lasts for around 2hrs
- HW Springs are 1 hr 10 mins before HW, Neaps 5 mins after HW Portsmouth. LW Springs and LW Neaps are both 20 mins before LW Portsmoouth.
- MHWS:3.0m;MHWN: 2.6m; MLWN:1.4m; MLWS:0.7m
- Lymington Marina (Berthons) – 5 mins walk from the town.
- Fantastic shower and toilet facilities, laundry machine.
- Fuel / Gas / Ice
- Electricity & Water on the pontoons
- On site bar & bistro
- Lymington Yacht Haven – 15 / 20 mins walk from the town
- Excellent shower and toilet facilities, laundry machine.
- Fuel / Gas / Ice
- Town Quay – centrally located within the town
- Water available on the jetty – no hoses provided
- Showers available at the Ship Inn