Located at the Eastern end of the Isle of Wight offering easy access to the Solent it is a large natural, sheltered and picturesque harbour.
There are some great beaches and interesting walks around the shoreline which allow you to observe the abundant wildlife.
The town of Bembridge (about a 30 min walk) has a good range of small shops and there is an excellent range of pubs and restaurants.
Although limited by the tides the harbour offers good shelter but the approach is difficult in strong N/NE winds.
Access is restricted to LW +/- 2 hrs for vessels of 1.5m draft. Check the tide gauge which indicates depth over the bar.
There are visitors berths on pontoons at Duver Marina 01983 872828 which is connected to the shore.
However they do not take bookings for visitor berths. Berths are allocated strictly on a first come first served basis.
General Access Info:
- Entrance is not possible at all states of the tide. HW -3 hrs for Vessels of 1.5m draft. Check the tide gauge.
- Shelter is very good once inside the main sections of the harbour in all except strong N – NW winds
- HW Springs are 20 mins after and Neaps the same time as HW Portsmouth
- LW Neaps are 20 mins and Springs 1 hr after LW Portsmouth
- MHWS: 3.2m; MHWN:2.4m; MLWN: 0.6m; MLWS: 0.2m
- Duver Marina Pontoon – £2.20 per meter per night
- VHF Ch 80 – 01983 872289
- As a general rule of thumb access to the Harbour for a vessel drawing 1.5m is ± 3 hours high water Portsmouth
- No anchoring is permitted within the harbour
- Bembridge Marina itself is reserved for permanent berth holders only.
- The Marina Office is open from 09.00 to 17.00 weekdays and staff are available to help with general enquiries including weather information, local transport and amenities.The marina staff are on duty ± 3 hours high water Portsmouth.
- Showers , toilets and laundry facilities ashore at Duver Marina
- Water and electricity on the pontoons
- Diesel from H Attril & Sons 01983 872319 pontoon
- Water Taxi “Bembridge Water Taxi” 01983 872828 – VHF Ch 80
- There are some on site facilities and Bembridge village is a 30 minute walk from the marina