Own Boat Tuition
We have found this instruction invaluable to many boat owners who want to
- Achieve an RYA Qualification
- Get to grips with the handling characteristics of a new boat
- Learn how to sail on their own yacht
- Enjoy one to one tuition
- Learn with friends
- Control how your course is run both in terms of content and pace
As a new owner, by taking one of our qualified and experienced skippers for a few days at the start of your ownership we can help take the pressure off you and make your whole experience that much more enjoyable.
So if you want some intense instruction on a specific topic or just want to have a little moral support whilst you build your own confidence then our instructors will be totally flexible to meet your needs.
Our daily rate for conducting own boat tuition is £240 per day.
Ideally courses are run with a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 5 plus the instructor.
Obviously for RYA courses there is a set syllabus that we have to follow but for informal instruction the time is for you to do as you please.
Whilst we can instruct a mixture of Day Skipper and Competent Crew students if you are looking to take a Yachtmaster Coastal or Offshore Prep course prior to sitting your exam it is not recommended to include Day Skipper candidates as the syllabus’s will conflict. Competent Crew can be included at any level.
Please note that
- Your vessel must be completely sea worthy and meet the minimum safety requirements outlined in the RYA C8 Boat Safety handbook.
- You are also responsible for all running costs throughout the duration of the course including all accommodation and catering costs for the skipper.
Contact Us FAQs