Dufour 520 Grand Large
The New Dufour 520 has successfully brought the highly popular 512 into a new era with a range of new design features both above and below decks.
The 520 still offers powerful sailing which easily managed. A large fully enclosed cockpit allows you and your guests greater comfort and space and the twin helm positions allow the helmsman outstanding visibility and control.
Controlling the sails are easily managed with two large primary winches close to the helm. 108% overlapping headsail with traditional genoa tracks and cars as standard with the option to have a self tacking jib. A fixed bow sprit offers excellent control for an asymmetric spinnaker or code zero.
The awarding winning interior provides a very social environment to entertain and relax in. The generous social space is not restricted to the inside the boat, the large cockpit offers a concealed barbecue in the aft seats along with sizeable fridge and plenty of seating areas.
New External Features of the Dufour 520
- The Dufour 520 has an optional innovative aft bathing platform which has a double level. The system is remotely operated and perfectly integrated into the hull.
- New Colour for the stack pack, spray hood and bimini options
- The forward end of the coachroof incorporates a new deck window to add style and bring more natural light into the owners cabin.
- In line with all the yachts in the Grand Large range, the cockpit is enclosed by aft seats which also have the advantage of hiding the famous barbecue and sink.
- For greater safety, a pair of handrails are included along the coachroof with a new stainless steel and carbon finish.
- The helm station is equipped with an elegant and functional pod console to incorporate all the navigational instruments and the optional electronic engine remote.
- The Helm also benefits from a fixed back cushion included in the pushpit.
- The new cockpit fridge is mounted on stainless steel feet and includes a 30L drawer fridge
- The teak cockpit table leaves are longer and wider to maximise the available space.
- The aft central seat flips by 180 degrees to offer an additional seat around the cockpit table.
New Internal Features
- New interior teak wood finish
- New parquet floorboards
- New side panels, grey soft touch with integrated blinds
- New luxury cushions
- New electrically operated saloon table to offer different saloon heights
- Newly designed forward master cabin with greater access around the bed and improved lighting.
- New optional layout for port aft cabin which incorporates separate beds
- Newly designed heads and shower compartments with a new basin, taps and showers.
Dufour 512 GL – Detailed Specification
- Architect – Umberto Felci
- LOA – 15.10m
- Hull Length – 14.75m
- Waterline Length – 13.67m
- Max Beam – 4.80m
- Light Displacement – 15245Kg
- Draft – 2.20m
- Keel Weight – 4042kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 500l
- Water Tank Capacity – 720l
- Engine Power – 75Hp / 110Hp
- Sail Area – 100.80msq
- Main Sail Area – 52.80msq
- Genoa Sail Area – 48msq
- I – 17.25m
- J – 5.59m
- P – 16.20m
- E – 5.60m